Tuesday, May 10, 2011

DIY feather chandelier complete!

Good Tuesday morning all of you abode lovers! I am especially in love with my abode today... it's clean, and my DIY feather chandelier is hung! What do you think?


Here is what Mister Husband and I had before... that's right, a big, skank-nasty brown wooden fan, sick. (Notice I also got rid of that purple-ish gray quilt and replaced it with a coral beauty from West Elm!)


(again before... I must have cropped out the fan out of pure disgust.)


Here is the inspiration from Jayson Home & Garden coming in at around $2,500! 

I spent around $100 on all of the materials to make this chandelier. I snagged the shade from World Market, the feathers online at Moodfabrics, the rope trim from Hobby Lobby 50% off as well as the gold foiled paper at Hobby Lobby. I added the crystals for a little extra glitter and glam (no surprise to anyone who knows me at all...) and I snagged them at Lowe's in the lighting department for around $1 per crystal. 

Here are a few images that inspired me to bring in a gold interior...


I really love what a gold interior can do for a shade. It creates such a warm glow when the light is on and it also adds such a nice and glamorous surprise without being too much.


Here are the detail shots of my DIY feather chandelier.... 





Here is another view... I know the lighting isn't great, sorry!


and this is before Mister Husband and I hopped in bed...

King and Lady were also getting ready for beddy-bye.
King loves the new feather chandelier, he told me so.

Have a wonderful day!

35 comments:

  1. Laurel! You have out done yourself! We need a step by step tutorial. I am amazed and also need one of these. NOW! Good job girl! I am in awe.

    www.sadieandstella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I wish my hubby would let me get rid of our ceiling fan in the bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel you never cease to amaze me! Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that looks great--tutorial, please?

    Also--I love the bedding--I saw in another bedroom post that the duvet is from Pottery Barn, but it seems to have been discontinued. Do you know that pattern name so I could look for it on ebay? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! I love it!! I am impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Honey...that is just amazingly gorgeous..what an outstanding job you have done...stunning. Good skills lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is amazing and beautiful! I agree with the others. We need a tutorial or you need an Etsy shop :) I want one of these for my daughter's big girl room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful and such a great idea! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! You did a great job. Seriously, this is funky and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Amazing. Stunning. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks absolutely amazingly beautiful! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I absolutely love it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job! I have feather envy!!
    Now I just need to ditch my ugly brown ceiling fan and convince my hubby that we need a feather light fixture in our bedroom. I'll let you know how that goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both lamp and your bedrrom looks absolutely stunning!!! Well done and thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It looks amazing! I love the added elegance of the gold interior. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks awesome! you have a sweet husband for letting you hang a feather drum pendant in your bedroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you did a really, really great job on this. It looks so professional. Love the finished result.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so adorable! I love it. You are a crafty queen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks amazing! Especially love the coral bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW that was the best DYI project I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, that is amazing! What a great DIY. I just love it in the space!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! Love the gold inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job! I love the attention to detail with the gold on the inside. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That feathered chandelier looks fabulous! You did a great job! Love your blog, now following and I am adding you to my daily reads!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely gorgeous...
    It looks too high end to be DIY! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am amazed at your beautiful feather chandelier. It looks very high-end and expensive!
    I have just found your blog and will be reading it daily.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is fabulous! I absolutely loooovvee it.

    thirdfloordesignstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just had to stop by and say how amazing your chandelier turned out, its just perfection! Love the pretty bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  29. pretty amazing! I'm in love with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just too cool! Love your DIY version and love the extra touch of the gold lining. Your bed is also awesome. Glad I found your blog!

    Rachael
    Shore Society

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Clever you! You've done a fabulous job. You should be proud of yourself!
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Love and wishes x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails